|RIG INSPECTION, SHOULDN'T IT BE EVERYONE'S RESPOSIBILITY ONBOARD A RIG?
When working in the same environment day after day it’s easy just to address the task in hand and concentrate on your own area of operation without seeing the bigger picture, like the corroded light fixing passed on the elevated walkway, or the leaking pipe above the dog house or the racking finger dropping to the deck, that’s why a programme of planned maintenance and systematic rig inspection is so important.
For the crew onboard, having an understanding and appreciation of the importance of inspections for equipment, systems and work environments sharpens day to day awareness, promotes collaboration and can significantly reduce the risks of unplanned downtime. ADC Virtual Academy’s UNDERSTANDING RIG INSPECTION QUALIFICATION has been created for all personnel and is designed to equip candidates with a comprehensive appreciation of the importance of inspections, their scope, applicable industry standards, and the resulting benefits to asset productivity and safety.
Upon successful completion of the training within a flexible, self-paced learning environment, candidates will not only receive an academic qualification, they will also attain industry accredited certificates from IWCF and IADC which creates an auditable trail of competency development within any company.
Included in the Qualification are the following ADC Virtual Academy courses:
UNDERSTANDING DRILLING EQUIPMENT – IADC DIT (31 Hours)
UNDERSTANDING DROPPED OBJECTS – IADC DIT (1 Hour)
IWCF LEVEL 2 DRILLING WELL CONTROL – IWCF Accredited (25 Hours)
After completing the courses and final online exam, the candidate will be able to:
- Identify and describe the function of key pieces of drilling equipment.
- Identify the major items that have an impact on the safety and operation of a rig.
- Understand the process of conducting basic (visual) rig inspections.
- Describe the main inspection criteria for critical path drilling equipment.
- Recognise the indicators and common faults related to equipment.
- Identify compliance with standards (such as API) to evaluate the implications for drilling equipment maintenance and inspection procedures.
- Understand the basics of well control equipment and procedures at operational level.
- Understand the importance of carrying out comprehensive dropped object inspections and the management of drops procedures.
FOR MORE INFORMATION ABOUT OUR RIG INSPECTION QUALIFICATION OR ANY OF ADC VIRTUAL ACADEMY'S COURSES VISIT OUR WEBSITE HERE